Negotiations are nervy occasions with both parties concerned not to get the raw end of the deal. They are also crucial for ensuring the future success of the firm, and in building strong on-going relationships with clients. Both of you have something that the other wants, so how do you amicably agree terms and come to a resolution?
This course focuses on the factors (both psychological and emotional) affecting negotiations and highlights how our approach can direct impact on the achievement of successful outcomes.
- Understanding the purpose and nature of negotiations
- Winning and losing at negotiations
- Barriers to negotiating successfully
- Using advanced communication skills to influence others
- The role of power bases
- Assertiveness as a tool for successful negotiations
- Knowing your limits, identifying the other party’s limits
- Making and gaining concessions – Understanding the give and take of negotiations
- Your needs and how the other party can satisfy them
- The other party’s needs and how you can satisfy them
- Understanding the cumulative, long-term value of the relationship
- Action planning
- Develop strong negotiation skills
- Develop strong, trusting long-term relationships with clients
- Identify the difference between real and imagined negotiation criteria
- Be able to read the other person as you negotiate with them
- Prepare effectively for negotiations
- Identify the other person’s position and work with them to achieve agreement
All who are or expect to be involved in negotations with customers, clients and suppliers.
Call us on 01892 610060 to find out more.