Housing Assocation Simulation
A Commercial Simulation just for Housing Associations
We have developed an exciting one day simulation that will challenge your management group about:
- The impact of investment decisions
- Financial indicators and their impact on your assessment
- How to address voids and arrears
- The tenant mix and its impact on profitability
The simulation has 70 variables and we examine your business to ensure the simulation reflects it very accurately: Housing stock, voids, your tenant mix, income, interest, bank and Housing Trust loans and a host of no financial issues as well.
When your people engage in this challenging and exciting simulation they are attempting to run their own business and have to face the issues just as you do in the real world. Fast paced, engaging and with sessions that allow them to discuss their learning this makes for a very effective one day programme. Grouping the delegates into 5 or 6 teams of people means they often fail to gain a consensus around the right approach, the company’s vision for the future – much the same is in reality. Whether you should merge, gaining stock but without the provision of extra housing. What about revenue contracts ? Lucrative sources of income with a narrow margin that have little or no capital expenditure requirement.
- Better understand the way our business model work
- Understand the impact of each department’s decisions in your overall performance
- Enable you to better see how management decisions shape the future of your business
- Consider how our strategic goals should impact on our day to day decisions
- Consider how your department works towards our business vision
- Review how well your department plays their part in developing your business
- Raise your commercial awareness of our performance and goals
- Review how your actions on the day played a part in your team’s performance
- Reflect on what you would do differently
- Identify how you will follow up the programme when you re-enter your business
- Maximise revenue
- Select Housing Stock
- Balance tenant types
- Deal with Opportunity Revenue contracts
- Deal with voids and arrears
- Attain or maintain your Green status
This is being used by senior management teams to improve cross functional working but can be cascaded down to others in the organisation to help them understand how their choices impact on everyone in the business.
Give us a call on 01892 610060 and find out a bit more, we would love to meet you!