Conducting Effective Performance And Development Reviews
Performance and Development Reviews are a vital element within the full cycle of performance management. When conducted effectively, it can make an invaluable contribution to the development of the individual and the team’s performance.
This short course will focus on the skills and techniques required to ensure that you conduct motivating and productive appraisal discussions. The emphasis will be on enhancing the positive, constructive aspects of the work, while encouraging suggestions for improvement in the future.
- By the end of this course participants will …
- Have examined the skills of giving and receiving constructive feedback and identify ways of ensuring positive outcomes to appraisals.
- Understand how to use the Performance and Development Review Process to build morale and motivation amongst your people.
- Know how to identify performance discrepancies and the reasons for them and agree SMART objectives for future growth and development.
- Understand the value and importance of developing a culture of frequent, timely feedback throughout the year rather than being a once-a-year occurrence.
- Know how to encourage the ‘appraisee’ to be open, take responsibility for and make suggestions to improve their own performance
- Be able to plan and prepare Performance and Development Reviews, ensuring that there are no unexpected surprises for either party.
- Develop a positive culture of openness and feedback that promotes success and achievement of targets and objectives
- Build stronger working relationships based on trust and integrity